A post-apocalyptic landscape by Alex Groove

VFS SoundCloud Full Scholarship Challenge 2011 - A post-apocalyptic landscape_Alex Groove by Alex Groove

Hello! I'm Alex Groove from Romania. I've imagined a place where in the past it used to be crowded, near a park where children used to play. Looks like everything burned to ashes and the smoke still clouds the air. I'm still searching to where the noise is coming from but then my gaze is frozen at a tragic view over the vast area of destruction. The end signifies that all this should be just a bad dream.
I used Ableton to host samples like low pitch wind recording and children playing recording. I recorded three layers of pads and transformed the cello section notes into a distorted noise to emphasize the mysterious force that caused so much destruction. The harmony of the music expresses the revelation of the landscape and the emotion triggered by the effort to not break down. I mixed it particularly blurry to capture the listener's emotion and create a rather confusing experience for the audience.
I received this challenge from a friend and I accepted because he thinks I got something going on with my designs and I believe that winning this might help me truly understand the depths of this wonderful profession.

Thanks for listening!

http://soundcloud.com/alexgroove2